Monday, March 18, 2013

March break and DABWAHA

Holy cow - last week was March Break and it was insane!! I slept eleven hours last night...when is the last time you did that? Now, before you think - well, she had a week with her kids and really dodgy weather, so of course she's exhausted. That's not the case. The truth is - they were at camp. But I had to take them back and forth to camp. My husband usually takes the kids to school and I pick them up. But Adam had a very intense work week and the whole reason I put the kids in camp was so I could have a very intense work week. I have new HUGE respect for the parents who get themselves and their kids out the door, work really hard at a job they love, pick those kids up and get dinner on the table. Everyday was a marathon. Hats off Mom's and Dad's who work out of the house...

Now - in other news it's DABWAHA time. For those of you who might not know this is a Tournament of Books created by the combined talents of Smart Bitches, Trashy Books and Dear Author. It's modeled after the March Madness college basketball tournament, with seeds and brackets. There are prizes, not just for the book/author that wins, but for readers who pick a bracket and have the best percentage of success with their picks. All in all - lots of fun.

Storytelling Rules/Drunk Writer Talk has a lot of friends in the tournament, Cecilia Grant, Laura Florand, Ruthie Knox, Sarah Mayberry and Simone St. James. And ME!!! Can't Buy Me Love is included and I'm pretty darned excited.

Now, the way the books progress from one round to the next is by reader votes - And I'll talk about that once the voting opens up. However, if you would like to participate in what is an incredibly fun month of trash-talking, bribing and authors behaving outrageously - you can fill out your bracket HERE

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

4 comments:

Eileen said...

It's hard enough to get me out of the house on time. I can't remember how I managed it with the kids.

Anonymous said...

It's messy... very messy getting out of the house with kids and you'll forget something every time, although hopefully not their lunch..

Molly, I completed my brackets, a lot of my favourite books of the year in there. Yours included

Maureen McGowan said...

I completed the bracket for the first time this year too! And will definitely vote. Remind us when to vote!!

What Molly fails to mention is that the brackets are the lists of what these two very active and discerning reader blogs considere THE VERY BEST books.

Congratulations, Molly!!! And blog friends Laura, Ruthie, Simone, Sarah and Cecilia!!

Stephanie Doyle said...

I agree with Maureen. There were points during the bracket fill outs were I literally just had to close my eyes and click because I couldn't chose.

It makes me feel all good inside when I see so many because I loved being recognized for their quality.

And it makes me feel even better to see how many people commenting are going out and buying those books.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...