Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Have you read DEVIANTS yet?

If the answer is no, go out and do yourself a favor and get it. Now. You will thank me.

Maureen has crafted an excellent book. There's just nothing she didn't do well in this book. The characters are wonderful and three-dimensional and conflicted. The dialogue is great. The world-building is simply freaking amazing. I have no idea how to come up with a world so complete and to present it on the page without ever resorting to boring exposition. We experience it all through Glory's eyes (and ear and nose and mouth and all those great senses). It's completely alive to me.

And the pacing! Holey Moley Guacamole! It's relentless. You will not be able to put it down. I couldn't.

The reviewers all agree with me. Four stars from RT, was it, Maureen? Mazel tov, my sweet. You earned it. Great job. Great book.

Who else has read it? Care to chime in with your opinion?

7 comments:

Maureen McGowan said...

Oh, Eileen!!! :) Thank you. I think I needed to hear that today.

Anonymous said...

I've read it!! and loved it. It is all of those things, because my friend is an amazing writer and works so hard.

I'm excited that other people are discovering this book.

Stephanie Doyle said...

Oh yes, let's talk about the awesomeness of this book. And be jealous Eileen I read the second book and it's amazing too.

Eileen said...

Ooh! I'm totally jealous! It was such an excellent way to end the first book. It made so much sense (plot-wise and emotionally for Glory) and left me excited to find out the next piece of Glory's journey.

Maureen McGowan said...

You guys are so awesome. :) Steph, book 2 got a lot better (I think) on revisions. Fingers crossed.
I crossed the 40K mark on the third one today. Forward momentum again, finally. Never mind that it was due November 1st. ;) I got an extension. Phew.

Anonymous said...

Maureen, are you having another signing? I missed each one.

Susanne

Molly O'Keefe said...

I KNOW!!!! I re-read it this thanksgiving weekend and I'm boggled simply boggled by the world building and the pacing.

It's like I don't even know Maureen anymore - honestly.

SO FREAKING GOOD!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...