Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy American Thanksgiving


I was going go to blog about some of my frustrations with the publishing industry and what I see as a new disturbing trend in author expectations.
Then I remembered Thursday will be the American Thanksgiving and instead of griping I should be thankful for everything I have.

So petty jealousies and irritations aside here is my 2012 list:
1.      Family – it’s a given I know, but this year I’m especially thankful for them.

2.      My Cats – that’s right. I said it. My cats. Yes I’m a single woman who has cats and I like them. And they are friendly and cute and very comforting. So stick it to the stereotype.

3.      Writing Friends – If I didn’t get to talk about writing with other writers and the highs and lows and frustrations that come with it, I would probably lose my mind.

4.      Good Advice – I’ve gotten a lot of it lately. See writing friends above.

5.      Good Books – the kind that make me remember why I wanted to tell stories in the first place.

6.      Rediscovering 1995 Dean Cain – Yum.

7.      Stretchy Pants - that have allowed me to remain clothed even while my middle is expanding at some new warp speed.

8.      Cool Ranch Doritos -  as a comfort food. See stretchy pants above.

9.      HBO shows that feature hot naked men. See single cat lady above – I need my eye candy.

10.   The desire to write  - even when everything else is falling apart and I wondered if I could still write a book  - turns out I can. Thanks Mark and JoJo for pulling me through.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy thanksgiving to you as well and well done, for writing through what I know has been a tough time. And Steph, not just writing, but writing brilliantly. Those last couple of books are amazing.

Eileen said...

Excellent list, Steph. Especially the part about writing friends. It's amazing the difference they can make, isn't it?

Maureen McGowan said...

What a fabulous list, Steph!
Happy Thanksgiving (a little late)!

Molly O'Keefe said...

steph - I am your biggest fan, but there are some things on this list I just can not get behind.

Cool Ranch Doritos? 1995 Dean Cain?

Who are you?

But I second Sinead whole-heartedly, you've put out your best work under duress. You should be proud of yourself. I am.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...