I was going go to blog about some of my frustrations with the publishing industry and what I see as a new disturbing trend in author expectations.Then I remembered Thursday will be the American Thanksgiving and instead of griping I should be thankful for everything I have.
So petty jealousies and irritations aside here is my 2012 list:
1. Family – it’s a given I know, but this year I’m especially thankful for them.
2. My Cats – that’s right. I said it. My cats. Yes I’m a single woman who has cats and I like them. And they are friendly and cute and very comforting. So stick it to the stereotype.
3. Writing Friends – If I didn’t get to talk about writing with other writers and the highs and lows and frustrations that come with it, I would probably lose my mind.
4. Good Advice – I’ve gotten a lot of it lately. See writing friends above.
5. Good Books – the kind that make me remember why I wanted to tell stories in the first place.
6. Rediscovering 1995 Dean Cain – Yum.
7. Stretchy Pants - that have allowed me to remain clothed even while my middle is expanding at some new warp speed.
8. Cool Ranch Doritos - as a comfort food. See stretchy pants above.
9. HBO shows that feature hot naked men. See single cat lady above – I need my eye candy.
10. The desire to write - even when everything else is falling apart and I wondered if I could still write a book - turns out I can. Thanks Mark and JoJo for pulling me through.