We are all declaring our Milestones - the things we are hoping to achieve in the next few months. This idea was born in one of this discussions we were having about how fall makes us feel like it's time to get back to work on all things; Health, writing, exercise, organization. All of it.
So this is what we're going to do. Each of us will have some goals that we're going to declare to the world this week. Every month from now until the end of December we're going to check in on the last week of the month and update how we are doing with those goals. We would love you guys to commiserate, to join us, to shame us should we fail, congratulate us when we succeed. Just, in general, join the conversations.
Here are my Milestones:
1) Recommit to Weight Watchers with Molly even though I have never uttered the phrase "I immediately lost 10 pounds" except possibly after having given birth. This means, no more taking spoonfuls of peanut butter, shoving them into the chocolate chip bag and eating the result washed down with milk. I am hoping to make it to the end of the month without doing that even once. I am hoping not to lie to you about it if I do.
2) Get at least 1 of the chick lit books I'm rereleasing in November formatted for both Kindle and Nook.
3) Have my 20 page submission ready to submit for workshopping for the December residency of my MFA program (does it count as a Milestone if I HAVE to have it done by October 1?).
4) Play less Spider Solitaire. Seriously, I have a problem. It's absurd. I often reward myself for writing a page by playing a game of Solitaire. I am going to stretch that to two pages with plans to go to 3 pages in October.
5) Continue to exercise even though I did this to myself by tripping over a tree root on Monday morning: