I'm deep in line edits, my brain is mush and even the giant coffee I drank this morning isn't doing anything to wake me up. To top it off, my kids recently saw Sound Of Music for the 100th time and have been singing 'my favourite things' all the time.
So it's top of mind. So here it a list of my favourite things right now, only some of them writing related.
1) Cole haan shoes - Love them, some of their high heeled shoes have made me gasp when I've tried them on, because they don't feel like your toes are being squished into a little vee. Not all are amazing, but the ones that work will be the only heels you'll ever wear again...
2) Anna dressed in blood - by Kendare Blake - an amazing YA ghost story that is scary and tense and quick paced and with a great guy protagonist who is smart and wry and funny. I'm half way through and loving it.
3) P90X and Insanity - OK, this is more a love hate thing. I don't know if you've seen the cheesy informercials, but I have both of these. They are tough, tough, and I'm reasonably fit, and these regularly kick my butt, but as work out at home DVD's go, it saves me a ton of time getting to and from a gym and no other workout has ever felt as challenging as these. But the warnings should be considered, they are really tough and need to be approached with caution, as it would be easy to get injured if you haven't worked out before.
4) Yoga jeans - as comfortable as they sound and really flattering. I live in my pair.
5) Any book by Sherry Thomas - her latest just got released and it's part of my reward for finishing edits.
6) Sangria - Because it's patio season and nothing is more refreshing on a hot summer day.
That's it for me. Anyone have any other favourite things to add?