Summer is here, and so are my favourite time wasters of the entire year.
1) Bachelor Pad - It's truly awful and the people on the show are terrible human beings, but it's funny and the show, unlike The Bachelor, doesn't try and dress it up as anything but what it really is, a place for pretty people to act really, really badly towards each other. A true time waster, but I'm in for each episode and have been since the first season aired.
2) Battleship - Molly already sang its praises, but it's fun, really fun and if Taylor Kitsch and Vampire Eric aren't enough to get you there, its twice the fun of any Michael Bay movie without the blatant misogyny and prettier people on screen and it's sweet in its own way.
3) True Blood - it's devolved into a guilty pleasure, because the plots don't make a ton of sense any more, but its still really fun to watch and well, Steph, your boyfriend, Vamp Eric, is always really entertaining.
4) Beach reads - I never really count a book as a time waster, but during the summer I want fun, even campy, something chick lit and funny and I'm actively searching after reading a series of tense YA's.
5) Researching my dream vacation - I can't take it yet, but this time of the year I spend a little time on the internet discovering where, if I had the money and time, where I would go. A little apartment in Florence, or a hut on stilts over the water in Bali, a private plunge pool next to the beach in St. Lucia, or discovering amazing pastries in the South of France. Every week a new vacation.
That's it. Those are my time wasters. Anyone else have any good ones I can add to the list?