Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Random!

My brain is a tiny bit hurty right now so I apologize for my somewhat random rambling today.

I spent the weekend finishing my rough draft. It's actually beyond rough. It's a hideous mess, but that's okay. I can fix it. I have eight days to do it. I have the technology. Plus I had a great motivator. Berkley sent me the cover! And it's awesome! Check it out!


Ain't it gorgeous? I love love love it.

For those of you who haven't read the first in the series (it just came out like two weeks ago), one of the characters is named Alexander Bledsoe. I thought it was kind of a clever name for a vampire. Then I got an e-mail from . . . Alex Bledsoe! Turns out he writes paranormal novels for Tor! Vampire novels, even. I don't know who was more tripped out by the coincidence, him or me.



6 comments:

Karen W said...

Beautiful cover, Eileen. I'm in the middle of reading the first one right now and enjoying it.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous cover.. the covers Gods have been very generous.

Eileen said...

Thanks, Karen and Sinead. It was actually kind of funny. It came when I was trying to figure out exactly how I wanted the climactic scene to look. It sparked a few ideas. :-)

Molly O'Keefe said...

Great cover -- it looks so intriguing! my brain is hurty too - I didn't post yesterday my brother is here with his family - together we have five kids all around the same ages - so it's been high energy, high sugar, low sleep.

Maureen McGowan said...

That is awesome!!! And you and I both have 8 days to turn rough stuff into beauty. We'll cheer each other on. :)

Eileen said...

Go, Maureen, go! We can do it! I know we can! Si! Se puede!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...