Thursday, January 03, 2013

Resolutions/2013 List Continued...


Since Maureen started hers yesterday I figured I would follow up with mine. I like doing resolutions or just in general Things To Do List for 2013. I didn’t do a list in 2012 and now I can’t go back and check off all the things I did do. Which believe it or not has given me a lot of satisfaction in the past even if I only check 5 of the 10 things I wanted to accomplish. I never feel guilty about the things I didn't do, just happy with the the things I did.

To Do For 2013

1.      Finish current book (which is 6 weeks late) FAST.

2.      Finish my next contracted book (which the first 3 chapters are now officially 3 days late) FASTER.

3.      Start my 1920, never going to sell historical mystery romance – because truly I’m a glutton for punishment.

4.      Do what Molly says… this is pretty much for everything in general – but in particular sign up for Writer’s Space.

5.      Attend a Writers Retreat (say when and where guys!)

6.      Lose Weight – I know so boring – but so necessary this year in particular. My digital scale is an unforgiving bitch, but I trust her.

7.      Drink Less, Write more. My thought process is that if I’m not having wine at night, I’ll be more likely to get up early to write in the morning. (See Fast and Faster above) Day 1 so far was a failure. But I’m hopeful.

8.      Buy a new house… I know crazy. Like you have this nice little list going with all the usual things and then BAM! I throw this on. I just feel like I’m ready for something new. Some new space. Some new change. Something that will throw my life into upheaval  - why I have this need I have no idea, but it’s there. We’ll see.

5 comments:

Molly O'Keefe said...

A new house!!!??? That's a big to do list item.

I think all of us with contracts over the holiday start feeling the need to get through them and onto the next as part of the ringing in the new... I got my new proposal in just before the break, so I'm feeling like a sloth.

Eileen said...

I love your list! Especially the part about a retreat. I think I need more of those. The new house? Well, that's kind of a big step. I dread having to clean this place out . . .

Stephanie Doyle said...


See I love cleaning out stuff. Closests, drawers. I just feel like I'm ready for a change.

But we'll see. The thing that keeps me up at night... all those address change requests for every credit card, bill, etc... ugh.

Maureen McGowan said...

See, I'm the one who needs a new house... But I cannot face the cleaning it out part.

But I need to do something...

Anonymous said...

I love the new house resolution. There's something about a major change that revitalizes your life.

and the writer's retreat.. definitely the retreat.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...