Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Eric the Vampire in Person!

Steph will be seething with jealousy. I am going to see Alexander Skarsgård in person next Tuesday night at the screening of his new film Disconnect.



I honestly barely read the description of the film before I picked it. (They had me at Skarsgård.) But now that I have, it does sound interesting with a similar storytelling style to Magnolia, Babel or Crash. Excited!

With the aid of a first-rate cast — including Jason Bateman, Hope Davis, Paula Patton (Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol) and Alexander Skarsgård (Melancholia) — director Henry Alex Rubin (Murderball) explores the impact of the internet on our daily lives through a series of gripping, cunningly interwoven parallel narratives.

I'm seeing fewer films this year and not the ones that already have Oscar buzz, but still, I think I have an interesting lineup.

Another one I'm excited about and didn't read the description until after I picked it is Byzantium.


A pair of female vampires (Saoirse Ronan and Gemma Arterton) wreaks havoc on an unsuspecting English seaside community in this deliciously depraved supernatural drama from Academy Award® winner Neil Jordan.
I'm not sure how I missed that it was a vampire movie when I was first skimming the description! This wasn't the photo in the programme book and I honestly thought it was going to be a dour story about working class English people. Not sure why I got that idea.

I'm slightly frightened about another one of my picks... It's called Painless and it's a Spanish film about kids who are experimented on because they can't feel pain.

In this fascinating allegorical horror-thriller, a brilliant young neurosurgeon emerges miraculously unharmed from a devastating car crash — only to discover a dark secret about his origins that stretches back to a series of bizarre experiments conducted at the dawn of the Spanish Civil War.
Creepy, right?

I'll try to blog next week, maybe with pictures of Stephanie's boyfriend!

8 comments:

Stephanie Doyle said...

Oh My God. Jealous isn't a powerful enough word for what I am.


Just that picture of him in the rain....

Tell him I love him. And ask him to take off his shirt before you take a picture. :)

Marcy said...

OMG! Eric is going to be in Toronto??? I'm in the Niagara Region. Perhaps a stalking trip is in order. But since I probably won't, please take LOTS of pictures and share with the poor saps who'll be living vicariously through you.

Maureen McGowan said...

This is one that I plan to line up for early to get choice seat. But I don't imagine I'll be the only one who does that...

A line ups. What TIFF is really about.

Maureen McGowan said...

I meant: Ah, line ups.

My keyboard is getting touchy. Mamma needs a new macbook.

Anonymous said...

So jealous too and even though I love Eric, the one I'm the most jealous about it Byzantium...

Molly O'Keefe said...

oh my god - those sound awesome! I like the spanish civil war one.

I think you should do a tiff in pictures post...

Eileen said...

I'm jealous that you get to go to TIFF at all, much less sit in the front row with a shirtless Skaarsgard. Can't wait to hear what you think about the films!

Lord Mark said...

Are you tired of being human, having talented brain turning to a vampire in a good posture in ten minutes, Do you want to have power and influence over others, To be charming and desirable, To have wealth, health, without delaying in a good human posture and becoming an immortal? If yes, these your chance. It's a world of vampire where life get easier,We have made so many persons vampires and have turned them rich, You will assured long life and prosperity, You shall be made to be very sensitive to mental alertness, Stronger and also very fast, You will not be restricted to walking at night only even at the very middle of broad day light you will be made to walk, This is an opportunity to have the human vampire virus to perform in a good posture. If you are interested contact us on Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...