Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Best. Book Club. Ever.

My book club just left and I know I'm a little biased and a little drunk, but they are the best book club ever. We call ourselves the BDBC which stands for Big Dumb Book Club. We came up with the name after we read One Hundred Years of Solitude and all looked at each other and said, "WTF? I don't get it." We know it's a classic. We just don't get it. It was like a bunch of random stuff all strung together. What I love best about this group is that they're completely unafraid to say that they don't get it. Tonight was the All Eileen All the Time Night. They read both the books I published this year. They always read them and they always show up at booksignings and they always want to hear about the writing and publishing and all of it. They're fabulous. They're also unafraid to try something new which is how we ended up drinking Chocovine tonight which we decided tasted like a chocolatey Bailey's. We have some lawyers, a couple of therapist-types, some scientists, a nurse, some stay at home moms. Some of our kids are toddlers. Some have graduated from college. So I'm a little high on all the love and the Chocovine and I wanted everyone to know it. Oh! I almost forgot! Romantic Times reviewed Vanished in the Night and it was kind of awesome! They compared me to Tami Hoag! I love Tami Hoag!!! Good night, everyone! I'm sending you all a big chocolatey kiss and a overly friendly wine-soaked hug!!! May you all find awesome book groups with whom to talk and drink. I came really close to ending that last sentence with a preposition, but I'm not that drunk!!!!

6 comments:

Maureen McGowan said...

Ha! Sounds like a fabulous night! And I'm still up (and in a 3 hours later time zone...)

Your book club sounds fabulous. :)

Eileen said...

They are fabulous. What were you doing up? I could barely keep my eyes open to type that post and hit "publish." Although I obviously needed to read it again and figure out how to get the new interface to put in paragraph breaks!!!!

Stephanie Doyle said...

Eileen - I find this post completely happy and delightful.

Even without the paragraph breaks.

You're lucky to have a book club. It's something I've always wanted to do but never got the nerve to join a bunch of strangers.

Eileen said...

I think it might be like finding the right support group. Sometimes you have to try a couple of them before you find the right fit. This one rocks in all the right ways.

Anonymous said...

Eileen, your book club does sound delightful.

Blogger said...

Just received a cheque for $500.

Sometimes people don't believe me when I tell them about how much money you can earn filling out paid surveys from home...

So I show them a video of myself actually getting paid $500 for doing paid surveys.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...