Tuesday, September 06, 2011

It's over.

Yesterday was Labor Day so as far as I'm concerned summer is over. I know it has a few more weeks according to the calendar, but in my mind, summer goes from Memorial Day to Labor Day. In our listy spirit at Drunk Writer Talk, allow me to tell you about things I'm looking forward to this fall and things I'll miss from the summer.

THINGS TO WHICH I AM LOOKING FORWARD

1) Finishing the book I'm working on now. I've got less than two weeks to go. I think it might be good. I can't wait to find out.

2) Fall TV Premieres. I can't wait for The Good Wife and Castle. I'm also curious about a lot of new shows. There are TWO fairytale based urban fantasy sounding series. Two! Plus Ringers and something with Claire Danes and Damion Lewis that sounds interesting and a bunch of others.

3) Starting a new book. I've got a third Messenger novel and a novella that I'm itching to get started on.

4) My kid's soccer season. This is the last one. He's a senior this year. I've made so many wonderful friends on those sidelines and have had such fun watching him play.

5) Figs, persimmons and mandarin oranges. I adore the summer fruit, but some of the fall and winter fruit is pretty darn special, too!



THINGS I'M GOING TO MISS

1) The light and the heat. I love the long hot summer days. I like it being light at 6 a.m. and still light at 9 p.m. I groove on it. I'm already losing the morning light and it's totally bumming me out.

2) Summer TV (In Plain Sight, Suits, Wilfred, Burn Notice, plus some more I can't come up with off the top of my head). Summer TV seems a little quirky and weird and I love it.

3) White clothes. I don't have any white shoes, but I love me my white capri pants.

4) My big boy when he goes back to school. I think we laugh more when he's in the house. I am not, however, going to miss the chaos he tends to spread through the house.

5) More relaxed schedules. School's started. We're all busy. Our house runs on a schedule year round, but in the summer it feels like it has a little more grease to it.

5 comments:

Maureen McGowan said...

Love your list! I think I might copy it and do my own fall list tomorrow. :)

My main comments about yours:

What is this morning light you speak of? ;)

Claire Danes and Damian Lewis??? How have I missed this.

Good luck with your deadline!!!! :)

Eileen said...

It would be fun to see your list! We can compare and contrast. :-)

I think the Danes/Lewis show is called Homeland . He's a POW who returns after years of being held and Danes is a counter-terrorist operative who thinks he's been turned. Sounds twisty and thought-provoking and after Life, I'd watch Lewis in nearly anything.

Let me help you try to understand about the morning light. Here in California (at least in the Central Valley), we often see a big yellow ball in the sky. We call it the Sun. It gives off light and heat. I think you'd like it if you experienced it. ;-)

Maureen McGowan said...

When I lived in California that big yellow ball didn't get up at 6:00... Wait... maybe it was me who never got up at 6:00. ;)

Eileen said...

It's not like I like seeing it at 6 a.m., but I'll be unhappy if I don't. I cannot be pleased, can I?

Anonymous said...

I love Damian Lewis... Band of Brothers anyone?

I am going to miss summer, but I love the Fall, and sweaters and fires and by Feb, I'll be cursing snow, and slush and deep freeze, but right now, bring it on..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...