Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Can't Hurry Love

No, you don't have to wait! ;)

Fans of Molly (i.e. everyone who's read her or met her) will be thrilled that CAN'T HURRY LOVE the second book in her new series is out now!!! It released yesterday. (Was so excited to wake up with it on my kindle. )





From award-winning author Molly O’Keefe comes a wonderfully written contemporary romance about second chances at life and at love.

Tori Baker, a penniless widow of a disgraced financier, is ready to stand up, be counted, and make a new life for herself and her beloved son in Texas. She’s taking over Crooked Creek ranch, her birthright, and turning it into something special. All that stands in her way is Eli Turnbull, a rugged, too-handsome cowboy who wants the land just as badly.

If Tori wants a fight, Eli will give her one. He’s devoted his life to Crooked Creek, and he’s not about to let some pampered city girl—even one as brave and beautiful as Tori—turn it into some silly spa. But all their anger and frustration seems to fuel heat of another kind: uncontrollable passion. And soon Tori and Eli come to realize that the person standing in their way is the one they can never do without.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What can I tell you... When I first realized that Eli, the uber-hunky and mysterious ranch foreman from CAN'T BUY ME LOVE was going to be the hero of her next book--let's just say I was excited.

*Critique partner inside information* I think Molly had Eli's character figured out before Luc's... so in the first drafts we saw of the first book, I fell in love with Eli before I fell in love with Luc. Of course, in the end, I wanted both, but just saying...

But when I realized she was setting up Luc's spoiled sister as the heroine with Eli, I was worried. Worried for about five minutes, because I know Molly can pull this shit off. I mean, her heroine in the first book was engaged to an old man and ended up with his son. This is one writer who can pull shit off.

And then once we started reading CAN'T HURRY LOVE it was like a lesson in how to make readers empathize with someone they might not have initially liked. And beyond the writing lesson: it was a human lesson in how we shouldn't judge before we walk in someone else's shoes.

Eli and Victoria's heat is smoking and they really fight hard for their love, which made me believe their love was real and would last. Proves... you really can't hurry love.


If you click the cover in the little widget on the right side of our blog, you can buy it now! No, you don't have to wait! You will not be sorry. :)

2 comments:

Eileen said...

Yay!!! It will be so hard for Eli to love one of them! I can't wait to watch him struggle!

Molly O'Keefe said...

oh my god - Maureen - thank you! Tori seems to be finding some friends out there with readers - so all that praying has paid off!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...