Tuesday, September 21, 2010

More Promotion

The absolutely fabulous Eileen Cook has started a completely adorable promotion to celebrate the rerelease of her hysterical book Getting Revenge on Lauren Wood. It's a set of videos that feature an actress playing the character of Lauren Wood giving tips on how to be popular. I can totally see these videos going viral.

Cute, funny, sassy, in tune with her youtube generation audience. I think it's brilliant. What about you guys? Does something like this whet your appetite for a book?

2 comments:

Maureen McGowan said...

I like these, not only because I love Eileen C, but also because they are tongue in cheek funny.

Another author who did funny videos to promote her YA books was Simone Elkeles, and I think they got her a lot of attention. Here's hoping the same happens for Eileen.

I'm more likely to view this kind of video than the standard words flashing on the screen with images and music trailers. I'm still on the fence about whether or not they're worth it.

Anonymous said...

The trailer is great and the books seem like they would be a great read.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...