Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Yep! More RWA 2010 Conference!




I can't resist. Plus I'm still exhausted and my brain hasn't started fully functioning again. So here's how the Drunk Writers do Nationals.

I'd just registered and walked into the lobby and who should I find there? That's me (well, of course I found me!), Maureen, Steph and Molly from left to right. Molly shoved a glass of wine in my hand (I still don't know whose it really was) and we were off and running. Sometimes literally. Molly had me out dying in the humidity at 7 a.m. both Thursday and Friday.

There were, of course, tons of parties and lots of meetings and lunches. Then the whole thing wrapped up with the Ritas where our fabulous Molly was recognized with a huge golden statue and wild cheering. This is us celebrating afterwards.

Oh, and lest I forget, Steph and Maureen's shoes. If my brain was functioning again, I would be able to figure out how to turn the picture the correct direction, but it's not. Even sideways, they are still totally fabulous shoes.


I was thrilled to get home (especially after the shuttle picked me up at 3:40 a.m. to take me to the airport), but I miss everyone and I can't wait for next year. I've started dieting already.






5 comments:

Karen W said...

Awesome shoes, awesome posse, and totally FAB Rita! Congrats again and I'm so envious that I couldn't be there and hang on the fringe of your group!

Next year, for sure!

Maureen McGowan said...

It was such an awesome conference this year. And to think I didn't want to go....

Jill Shalvis said...

Just wanted to say I loved the two minutes we got to chat. I found you lovely, warm and genuine. And best of all, you WON! Congrats on the rita, well deserved. Best, Jill Shalvis

Molly O'Keefe said...

Eileen - I think the running was key. The conference is so so so all consuming and the 30 minutes in the morning it was just normal life. Running. Talking about kids. I loved it - an important addition to my conference schedule and next year we can do it in NEW YORK!!! Fun.

THose shoes were something else. THe clothes were something else. It was quite a sight.

JILL SHALVIS!!!! I have to admit I had been stalking you a bit - I am a big fan and the recognition you're getting is fabulous. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

love the pics and the shoes... and I'm not surprised you were handed a drink the moment you ran into Molly and Maureen..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...