Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Work Expands

For me, work always expands to fill the available space.

No matter how much time I have, no matter how hard I feel like I'm working, no matter how "ahead of the game" I feel at times during the process, I seem to be incapable of finishing anything early.

Does this happen to anyone else?

Right now, I'm praying this rule also works in reverse. That the number of hours it will take to write my current WIP will contract to fit the available space. Cause it's small.

Wish me luck.

5 comments:

Eileen said...

You can do it! Go, Maureen, go!

Kristen Painter said...

Wow. SO true about work expanding.

Chevy Stevens said...

Wishing you lots of luck! Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

I think it's true about work and about life. There's no escaping it. :)

Molly O'Keefe said...

rewrites expand too - you think it's something small and before you know it....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...