Thursday, July 19, 2012

I Love you Aaron Sorkin... Call me!

I want to confess the reason I titled the blog this way is in the hopes that Aaron Sorkin has Google Alerts turned on and will see this. Then of course he'll come to the blog and try to contact me because he knows I'm probably his destiny.

But if that doesn't happen let me say out loud and to everyone reading this blog... that I think I found my "real" boyfriend. He's my brainy boyfriend who I want to spend time talking to all night long. I want to debate politics with him. I want to fix the world with him.

You know the saying  - you don't know what you're missing until it's gone. I felt that way when Aaron Sorkin stopped writing for the West Wing (my favorite TV show of all time.) I still watched it of course but something was suddenly missing.

Now he's back writing for The Newsroom on HBO show and it's like being reunited with an ex-boyfriend without all the awkwardness. The familiarity of his voice. The themes he likes to use. The storylines - are different but similar too. "Can I help you?" He says that ALOT.

But more importantly I want to bathe in his writing. I want to let his dialogue run down over me like a hot shower. I could listen to him... just listen to the show and it would be more than enough.

In watching all the extras HBO offers on the shows many of the actors simply refer to what they're doing as "Executing Sorkin." "Speaking Sorkin." Like he's Shakespeare. Okay - I want go that far, but I do think he's one of the best script writers of my generation... and I love him.

Sorry Eric.




6 comments:

Maureen McGowan said...

Ha! I'm loving that show too. And finally they're starting to have some great human drama to go along with the interesting political stuff.
I only wish the people who should watch this show (the people who think Fox News reports the news, or even knows what that means) would watch this show...

The acting is so good. I swear, the emotions on Allison Pill's face during that New Years Eve episode. Wow. And Jeff Daniels has never been better.

And on Aaron Sorkin's writing? I agree. And you should search on youtube for "If Aaron Sorkin wrote". I've only watched one of them all the way through (If Aaron Sorkin wrote Twilight) but it was pretty funny.

Anonymous said...

Gosh, I wish I had HBO!

MarcieR

Anonymous said...

I really need to get around to watching the newsroom... but I like your new boyfriend, Steph, not as much as Eric. or Taylor K.

Stephanie Doyle said...

Marcie - I have to say I never thought I would "pay" for TV. But the shows on HBO for me are totally worth every penny.

Eileen said...

Did you see him on The Colbert Report? I will totally you arm-wrestle you for him. I think he should be mine.

Stephanie Doyle said...

Oh no I didn't! But I will totally take you on. Especially after last night's episode. :)

And welcome back from Paris. Was it everything you thought it would be? Better? Did you see everything you want?

Ahhhh Paris....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...