Thursday, July 05, 2012

Everything I know about love and life I leanred from Nora Ephron


1.      Men and women can’t be friends because the sex part always gets in the way.

2.      You can’t take it back. It’s already out there.

3.      Everyone thinks they have good taste and a sense of humor but not everyone could possibly have good taste and a sense of humor.

4.      He’s never going to leave her.

5.      I’m not your consolation prize.

6.      And I’m going to be forty! Some day.

7.      How long do I have to stay here and hold her. Is five minutes enough?

8.      When I took her hand for the first time it was… magic.

9.      Elizabeth Bennett is the greatest female literary character of all time.

10. I could never be with anyone who likes Joanie Mitchell.


And the most important of all... 11.  I’ll have what she’s having.
                                                                                      
Your voice and your romanticism will be truly missed Ms. Ephron. Thank you for everything.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that. Love everything she said, really and how witty she was. I saw her tribute to Meryl Streep and it was sweet and poignant and funny and witty, and it made me want to be her friend.

Anonymous said...

I love this. Thanks for sharing. It made me laugh and wish I could see all those movies again for the first time.

Maureen McGowan said...

Great list! I'm such a fan of her work.

I'll add:

#12 I'm not the only one who feels bad about my neck.

Eileen said...

She was a guest on my favorite radio show, wait wait don't don't tell me, not too long ago and she was awesome. Funny self-deprecating smart. I totally wanted to have drinks with her.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...