I got sucked in last night. Start to finish. From the crazy that is Mayim Bailik looking exactly like Bette Middler as a child, to the end where you just cry and cry. And as I was watching it I was wondering what it is about this movie in particular that gets to women.
I think it’s all the lessons that women seem to learn along the way throughout their life.
1. Sometimes you can be more talented, but the pretty girl will get the part.
2. Sometimes if you’re pretty people don’t take you as seriously as they should.
3. Sometimes you are jealous of your best friend.
4. Sometimes you fight with your best friend.
5. It doesn’t matter if you go five, ten or twenty years, if that person was really a friend they will still be your friend after all those years.
6. You have to laugh a little.
7. You have to lose a little.
8. You have to even get the blues a little.
9. Because that’s the story of and the glory of life.
10. Also, if you have to die… you should do it in a beach chair looking at the ocean.
I’m sure there are many more lessons but these are the ones that stood out to me last night.
What about you? What did you learn from Beaches? And are you like me where you just can't NOT watch it when it's on? My eyes are really puffy today.