Sunday, May 03, 2009

There's nothing like a twist....

Recently I had begun to doubt my new love of writing plots and subplots and external conflict, worrying that I had begun to neglect inner conflict and frankly the love story. According to my agent, editors are asking for THE BIG LOVE STORY. And I was wondering, did I even know what that was anymore? Was it time to drop some subplots and have myself a good old fashioned "let's talk" kind of romance?

Then I watched Dollhouse on Friday -- I won't give it away, because Smurphy hasn't seen it and frankly the twist was so delicious and perfect I sat up on my couch and "WHAT THE @)!?" I fell in love with the twist. I want to have twist babies with that twist. And I realized, sure good old fashioned romances are great -- but man, nothing absolutely nothing beats that moment when you get hit over the head with something you didn't see coming.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I finally saw Dollhouse, and yes, the twist was delicious... loved it..
Really loving that show now. love that they are moving the overarcing plot so quickly..

Maureen McGowan said...

It was definitely awesome. Kind of reminded me of a magic trick. Let's dangle some distracting stuff, and make sure we have at least 2 other story lines that fit the theme of rescuing Briar Rose, so that no one even thinks about what's really happening. Very well done.

Kwana said...

I'm going to watch i immediately! I love a love story and I love a twist. Oh so torn.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...