Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Lovin' the Homeland second season

I am pretty crazy about this show. I think they totally deserve the basket full of Emmys they brought home. The first season was incredible. The second season is turning out to be just as good.

What really struck me tonight is how invested I am in both the main characters and how I'm rooting for both of them while their goals are diametrically opposed. Or maybe they're diametrically opposed. Whatever. They both can't get what they want and yet I totally want both of them.

At the end of Sunday's episode as Carrie starts to cry when she finds out she's been vindicated, I nearly cried with her. Her vulnerability. Her fragility. It's all out there on display. Maybe even more so when she tries to hide it.

And Brody! Out there in the rain and the muck, burying that guy who he just wanted to take to safety. I really wanted him to make it to the fundraiser and give his speech. Somehow they've made him so appealing that even though I know I should probably be rooting against him, I just can't. Part of this is Damian Lewis himself, I realize. I loved him in Life, also. A lot of it, though, is just the great writing.

There are so many other little touches that are awesome. Brody's daughter and how she sees way more than anyone realizes. The cranky guy in Brody's outfit who knows something's wrong with Brody, but nobody listens to him because he's just the cranky guy who hates Brody.

Anybody else watching this one? What do you think? Are you rooting for both Carrie and Brody?

4 comments:

Molly O'Keefe said...

AHHHHH! I can't get it here - and my movie store doesn't have the first season yet. I can't wait to watch it - everyone raves about this show all the time!!!

Maureen McGowan said...

I love Homeland. I'm paying for the ridiculously expensive SuperChannel just to watch it. Crazy.

But I haven't seen this week's yet (on deadline) and wishing I hadn't read your post, LOL.

It really is an incredible show.

Eileen said...

Oops, sorry, Maureen. I was trying to be vague, but it was really incredible. I want Carrie to catch him. I want him to be okay. Can't have both.

Anonymous said...

loved the first season and can't wait to start watching the second season

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...