Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The New Phonebook's Here!


I know I'm dating myself (The Jerk came out when Sinead and Molly were toddlers--probably Stephanie, too.) But that bit from The Jerk is still one of the funniest things I've ever seen in a movie. I'm not sure quite why Steve Martin running around screaming, "The new phone book's here!" was so funny to me, but it was.

I think it's because, even though his character was such an over-the-top simpleton, there's just something so pure and true about someone feeling legit--like a real person--because it's the first time they've ever been listed in the phone book. And his excitement over it cracked me up.

Well, I had my first listing in Publisher's Marketplace yesterday.

March 23, 2010

Children's: Young Adult
Maureen McGowan's CINDERELLA: NINJA WARRIOR and SLEEPING BEAUTY: VAMPIRE SLAYER, the first two books in a new series of adventurous fairy tales for girls, in which the heroines are capable of saving themselves, but also claim their handsome princes, to Pink Shoes Productions, for Phoenix Books, for publication Fall 2010, by Pamela Harty at The Knight Agency.

Yes, if you're a PM subscriber, you can actually search on my name, and get a listing now!

The new phone book's here! The new phone book's here!

**Maureen runs around holding it up and screaming, a la Steve Martin.**

Thanks Juliana Stone for noticing and letting me know! BTW Juliana's first novel, DARKEST HUNGER, comes out next week, and she's going to stop by here the following week to celebrate with us! Woot! (She's got a great contest going on on her blog right now. Check it out.

9 comments:

Karen W said...

Way kewl, Maureen! Congrats! Hey, I didn't know you were with TKA. I am also (as is Steph). If they have an agency party at National this year, maybe we can meet up!

Stephanie Doyle said...

Yeah Maureen! I just went to check it out. Very cool.

And we definitely all need to get together at Nationals!

Kwana said...

Yay!! Shout away. That is wonderful news. I'm so happy for you. wish I could give you a big hug in person.

Oh and I'm crazy for The Jerk. LOL.

Eileen said...

Loved that movie! I'm pretty sure I was in high school when it came out.

And mazel tov, Maureen! Many happy returns of phone book listings to you!

Maureen McGowan said...

Thanks, guys! Karen, I didn't know you were a TKA client. Kewl.

We should definitely get together.
Eileen.. I was in high school when The Jerk came out.... But that does NOT make us old.

Molly O'Keefe said...

I love it - and you know - with titles like those - who is going to resist those books? Not me. Because every girl that wants to be cinderella - should also want to be a ninja warrior - just for yin and yang.

congrats!!!

Anonymous said...

I hadn't seen the announcement either, but so excited to read it.

I have to admit a crazy fondness for another Steve Martin movie, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. There's a scene where he's eating that, in the most juvenile way, cracks me up every time..

M. said...

Hooray, Maureen! I love the name 'Pink Shoe Productions' and I love heroines who save themselves. Watched 'Sleeping Beauty' with preschooler recently - and good lord, is it even possible to be more passive than ASLEEP while the Prnce does EVERYTHING??? My daughter doesn't know it yet, but there is no way she's getting her own copy of that movie. She got 'Princess and the Frog' instead, with a heroine who is more active than the prince!
Maya

Gillian Layne said...

Oh, I totally get it! ;) Huge congratulations!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...