Monday, February 18, 2008

Why I am LOST...all over again.

I have held onto Lost through thick and thin. Polar bears, black smoke, strange cabin in the woods, others, the other others, the former/earlier others, Locke's flying leap off the deep end, Charlie's totally unnecessary death, Kate and Sawyer - I've watched and I've waited, sure sooner or later my dedication would be rewarded by one answer. Any answer. The black smoke, maybe? I would love to know about the black smoke.

And just when I get so frustrated and tired of the show -- they pull me back in. Not with answers. Heaven forbid we get answers. But with questions so much bigger and so much better that the make the earlier questions look inconsequential. Silly me, worrying about black smoke when I really should be worrying about WHO WAS IN THAT COFFIN?

This season of Lost has me hook, line and sinker. Adding Jeremy Davies, the Chinese actor who was so freaking amazing in The Sopranos and Sucker-Free City, as well as the flash-forward scenes - strokes of genius.

Husband is still frustrated. Last week when the writers did what is so frequently done on Lost - first, telling the audience something we don't know about a character and then having that character tell the rest of the characters that - not only do they know what was just revealed - but they have known forever. This little device manages to just raise more questions without answering anything. Anyway, husband nearly threw the remote through the screen. He's on the verge. But I feel like having watched through the second season and the nightmares they created then - now it's as good as the first season again. I trust the writers. I'm loving every storyline. Matthew Fox is really an unbelievable anchor for the show.

Yep, I'm totally Lost. And totally loving it.

7 comments:

Lil Lex said...

yay Lost!!!!

Wylie Kinson said...

yay Sawyer ;)

I've never stopped loving it. Even in season 2. And I love that they're running all the episodes (even if it's only 8!?) at once. I think much of the frustration in season 2 was due to the ridiculous network schedule.

Have you ever been to this site?
http://www.thelostdiary.com

Maureen McGowan said...

I've never stopped loving it... but I don't let myself get too hung up on the details. I just find it fun to watch. And I probably miss a ton because I don't pay enough attention or keep track... Now I need to know what the thing is that annoyed your hubby....

Anonymous said...

Can't do it. PVR'd the first show from this season and can't summon up any enthusiasm to watch it..

That second season really killed it for me..

Molly O'Keefe said...

I think the second season suffered for a lot of reasons. The loss of JJ Abrams was huge -- it was really obvious that the leadership/creative vision was gone. That weird schedule thing with the winter break - while we're used to it now -- then it was pretty stupid - not that it isn't still stupid, but now we're used to it. And third I think that while they were sticking true to thier "we won't answer any questions" plan - they didn't give us bigger questions. The old questions just got traded for other questions that weren't more interesting or more exciting or thrilling.

Molly O'Keefe said...

Oh Sinead -- last week's episode with what's his name the IRaqi torturer -- WOW!!! You would have loved -- excellent excellent tight and exciting storytelling with about three different twists. Nice. Very cool.

Anonymous said...

Love Lost. Love the irritating need to know answers to more and more questions. LOVE Sayid. Loved last week's episode. Love that I'm usually surprised at least once in the episode. Loving Jack more and more. Still irritated with Kate. Losing my love for Sawyer but darn he's still cute.
Yep. Overall, I think I'm satisfied with my Lost viewing experience. But if they don't give me the answers in the last season (Season 5 they say?) I may seriously damage my TV.
Let us know if your hubby takes a fire poker to it before the end of this season.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...