Monday, November 18, 2013

Creating Real Men

A friend posted a link to this blog on Facebook a few days ago. It's all about how to know you're dating a real man. I loved it. Partly because the description really fit the man in my life, but also partly because it occurred to me that it was a great checklist to keep in mind when creating a hero.

I went ahead and took a peek at his blog on the difference between bad boys and jerks. I feel like he hit the nail on the head and made some important points that, again, I want to keep in mind for the next hero I create.

I've read a lot of craft books in my time. I've read a lot of novels and thought about what I liked and didn't like about various characters. I think I'm going to stop doing that and start reading relationship books instead.

I have to admit, until my friend posted the blog, I'm not sure I knew who James Michael Sama was. I'm still not sure and I'm really hoping I'm not singing the praises of a total asshat here. Anybody know him? Read his blog? Think it's not a bad way to create a hero?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...